where did I go? It has been so long since I posted, and I don’t really have a reason.
I have excuses…
- writer’s block
- computer on the fritz (shouldn’t matter, I got an iPad in January I very well could have written on)
- busy… who isn’t?!
- potty training (will it ever end!?)
- building new friendships and routines
- living life!
the reality of it is, that I just didn’t make blogging a priority.
I got so swept up in the excitement of my new website and blog that I started off super strong. soon after taking the plunge my equipment all started failing me.
- my favorite camera lens died.
- my computer crumbled under the stress of my new photography hobby.
- my child became more than a handful and I let it overwhelm me. my anxiety of new and persistent Covid-19 variants kept me from wanting to leave the house.
- raise of hands who has kind of loved the hermit life Covid-19 has forced upon us 🙋🏼♀️ I know I’m not alone here.
- my macrame was taking up so much of my time I wasn’t sleeping or eating well or getting the physical fitness I needed.
but now as I see all of the back to school posts and even fall decor coming out ::it’s August ya’ll come on now:: I am realizing that I have completely lost track of time. I’m in a sort of Groundhog Day scenario. don’t get me wrong, I love it here, but when I saw that my last blog post had been 10 months ago I practically broke out into a sweat. probably because of my recently microwaved coffee, but honestly I was so upset with myself. not because I think anyone out there cares too very much, but because I care. I care that I let something I was so excited about slip. care that I let myself feel like I had run out of ideas. when the truth is I was just living life.
I was momming.
I was being as present as I could be with my little one while she is still little.
personally, I have let the whole idea of being a dependapotomous go. my amazing husband works so hard and has gifted me and our daughter this time to make memories and be so close. many days I feel touched out, exhausted, and frustrated at the everyday annoyances that come with bringing up a kiddo. but at the end of the day this is a job I get to do. I get this opportunity that I will never get a chance to have again. and after the weekends with us my husband see’s how it’s an almost equally exhausting job as his. I say almost because the fate of the free world doesn’t depend on nap time happening.
all of the above is to say I’m back. no parameters. no expectations. I have ideas and I hesitate to share them because I don’t want to let myself down if I don’t meet them. I will be picking back up on my macrame, I will be working on adding things to this website, I will be continuing my photography practice, I will be supporting my friend’s small business, I will keep helping my child grow and learn. these are things I do know for now.
in closing I will add a few of my favorite memories from this summer and hope to com back soon with some more content. don’t rush into the PSL’s ya’ll, enjoy the coconut & lime, the sunrises & sunsets, and the cool sweet treats of summertime.